Uploaded by wearechangevancouver on 18 May 2011
Mayor Dianne Watts Office 604-591-4126
music by http://www.paydaymonsanto.com
Surrey BC Mayor Diane Watts forewarned of torture issues with George W Bush Invite in October by Peace Activists
Surrey BC Canada May 2 2011
WeAreChangeVancouver has just released new video of Surrey BC Mayor Diane Watts's Office being notified by Peace Activists of her impending complicity in harboring/inviting a credibly
accused and self admitted torturer and war criminal to Surrey BC this October.
The video clearly depicts Diane Watts' Communication Specialist Tara Foslien being notified of specific Canadian Laws and Agreements that will be broken by inviting Mr Bush to speak at the
Surrey Economic Forum. Professor Anthony Hall of the University of Lethbridge and Mohawk
Peace Activist and Author John Boncore aka Splitting The Sky clearly serves the Mayor's Office
Notice citing specific laws and agreements.
- Witnesses on video include many RCMP officers, members of the press , citizens and peace activists.
- Specifically cited were Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions and Section 35 of the Canadian Immigration
and Refugee Act barring war criminals and torturers.
- The Peace activists and groups such as Lawyers Against War insist that torture should not be ignored
for political reasons and Canadian laws and international agreements should be upheld.
- In the case of Mr Bush he admitted to ordering the torture programs at CIA rendition/black sites in an
NBC interview with Matt Lauer and also in his book "Decision Points".
The accusations of torture have now been validated by Bush's own admissions.
- Water boarding has always been condemned universally as well as considered torture by
the US military, The United Nations, The Red Cross, Amnesty International etc...
- The torture programs instituted by the Bush administration led to a massive surge in US
Troop deaths and casualties as well as boosted recruitment levels for the Taliban and Al
Qaeda. This is well documented with many members of the US government including even
Bush Adminstration's Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge stating emphatically that water
boarding is definitely torture.
- CIA Chief Leon Panetta and Senator John MCain came out recently out against the defense of torture and those tryng to claim that torture lead to Bin Laden.
On Monday, May 2 a coalition of activists and civil resisters marched on Surrey City Hall in an attempt to school Mayor Dianne Watts on the voluminous domestic and supranational legislation that exists pertaining to credibly accused war criminals and other violators of human rights. Mayor Dianne Watts' ill conceived invitation to George W. Bush to come to Surrey, British Columbia to attend the annual Surrey Regional Economic Summit this coming Oct. 20 stimulated the demonstration, which was organized by Mohawk activist and author Splitting the Sky.
more on this from Joshua Blakeney.........